Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's Official...

About a month ago I accepted a position at Coraid, Inc. as a Solaris kernel developer. My primary focus will be driver development for the company's AoE-based storage HBAs and other related hardware.

After saying my goodbyes in St. Louis last week, I drove down to Athens, GA for two weeks of orientation and team building. I have to say, this last week at Coraid has been a gas - the engineering team here is astounding and leadership goes a long way toward making this a friendly and productive environment in which to work.

Everyone here seems pretty keen on what Solaris/OpenSolaris has to offer (particularly with respect to storage) - I am definitely looking forward to the road ahead.

Who knows? Maybe OpenSolaris will get a little AoE lovin' after all...